Councils: Who Does What?

Dustbin not been emptied?  Dog fouling on the High Street?  Pothole problems?  Not sure who to contact?  Please see the list below for guidance.

Cottenham Parish Council
Bus shelters
Fen Reeves Community Woodland (Twentypence Road)
Old Village Green (Broad Lane)
Planning (consultee on applications)
The Pond (Broad Lane/High Street junction)
The Pound (High Street opp. Shauns newsagents)
Public benches
Recreation ground including playground and skate park
Village Green
Village Hall
Village sign
War Memorial

South Cambridgeshire District Council –
Bus passes
Council Tax
Health & Social care
Environmental Health – dog fouling, graffiti, noise etc
Refuse collections

Cambridgeshire County Council
Births, marriages and deaths
Environmental matters and planning
Footpath repairs and maintenance (including grass verges)
Leisure and Culture
Road repairs and maintenance
Social and healthcare
Street Lighting – all lamps with the prefix ‘CCC’ before the column number


One comment on “Councils: Who Does What?

  1. Hello

    I’m trying to identify who would be responsible for the cleaning of footpaths in Broad Lane, Cottenham. I have only lived in Cottenham for two years, but I have noticed that the leaves from the beautiful tree on the Green on the corner of Broad Lane and the High Street, collect against the brick wall and fence on the corner of Broad Lane. These create quite a hazard for walking at this time of year as they become increasingly wet and slippery, (I did clear them myself last year, but it is quite a considerable task for one). I note from the above that the Parish Council is responsible for the Green and I wondered if this might also include the leaves from the trees? or whether this comes under the responsibility of South Cambridgeshire Council.

    I would be most grateful for your guidance.

    Kind regards

    Janet Lim

Leave a Reply