There are 2 Parish Councillor vacancies on the above Council caused by resignations.
If you are interested please apply in writing to the Parish Clerk with a brief bio and reasons for wishing to stand. If more than two applicants come forward there would be a vote amongst the existing Council members to fill the position. Further information on the role of a Councillor is available below.
NB: To be eligible to apply you must be over 18 and a British Citizen, eligible Commonwealth citizen or a citizen of any other member state of the European Union. Additionally you must be one of the following:
- A registered local government elector for Cottenham
- Presided in the parish for the last 12 months
- Worked in the parish for the last 12 months
- Resided within 3 miles of Cottenham for the past 12 months
NB: You cannot become a Councillor if:
- have been declared bankrupt within the last five years if you have not repaid your debts.
- have been convicted of a criminal offence and sentenced to not less than three months imprisonment (whether suspended or not) without the option of a fine within the last five years.
- you have been disqualified under any legislation relating to corrupt or illegal practices.