Please note that we have changed our email address. The new emails all now end @cottenham-pc.gov.uk
There has been a push by the Domain Management Team in the Cabinet Office for all councils regardless of size to have a gov.uk email address and we see this as a positive move.
- The .gov.uk domain name is familiar and trusted by the general public and by other parts of government.
- It’s a signal to say that the Parish Council is an official part of government.
- Outgoing .gov.uk emails are more likely to be cleared by security filters and delivered successfully.
- The content of our emails will be recognised as official government business.
- As .gov.uk domains are based within UK jurisdiction they have better legal protection.