Cottenham Parish Council is looking for a reliable, adaptable and trustworthy individual to join our team as Part-time Caretaker, to help us manage our new Village Hall. The post would suit someone who has another flexible activity to fit around (gardener, handyperson, writer) and is looking to supplement their income.
As Caretaker the successful candidate will:
- prepare rooms for hire and clear and check afterwards
- ensure facilities are clean between hires – NB there is a full weekly clean carried out by an external company
- open and close the village hall at each end of the day although early morning opening on weekdays may not always be required
- be a point of contact for deliveries, hirers and for emergency call-outs
- carry out basic maintenance duties (such as changing bulbs, unblocking sinks, re-touching paintwork and routine repairs)
- undertake regular safety checks such as testing fire alarms
This is a new post and the hours and responsibilities may be adapted.
We would like to appoint a candidate before the end of January 2022 and therefore seek applications as soon as possible, with a deadline of midday 10 January 2022. If a suitable candidate comes forward before then, we reserve the right to offer the post to them before the deadline.
Hours of Work
This a part time role averaging 17.5 hours per week including weekends and weekdays. You will be paid an equal salary each month.
The pay rate is £11.30 per hour for an employee (annual pay rise imminent).
Alternatively, the role may be filled by a self-employed person or company who can propose contract terms to meet the role and hourly commitment.
You will receive the pro-rata equivalent of 28 days annual leave, inclusive of bank and public holidays (pro-rata).
Download an application form and job description from the Parish Council website (see below).
After 4th January email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07503 328401.
Deadline for applications midday 10 January 2022.