Reporting crime

There are various methods available to contact the police whether to report crime or concerns:


Web chat is 24 hour service and can be accessed by clicking the green icon displayed at the bottom right of the screen throughout our website (  It also works on mobile devices and tablets.

You can also report crimes (assault, anti-social behaviour, damage, fraud, harassment or theft) online and receive a response within 24 hours. Report a concern (criminal activity, anti-social or suspicious activity) in your community. Report vehicle related activity such as vehicle collision or dangerous driving.

By phone:

Call 101 for non-emergency enquiries. Using this number, you can report an incident or get help.


If you’re deaf or hard of hearing, use our textphone service on 18001 101 or chat to us live through our web chat service.

Call 999 if;

  • a serious offence is in progress or has just been committed
  • someone is in immediate danger or harm
  • property is in danger of being damaged
  • a serious disruption to the public is likely.

If you are hard of hearing you can use our textphone service 18000 or chat to us live using our web chat.

Emergency & cannot speak:
If you are in a hostile environment or situation and you can’t talk, you can call us on 999 and press 55 to tell us that you are unable to speak but that you need our help.

Remain anonymous:
You can report a crime or suspicious behaviour to Crimestoppers online, or by calling them on 0800 555 111

Leave a Reply