- We have approved use of the Village Green for the return of the Yesteryear Road Run next year.
- We have approved use of the Village Green for use of a new theatre festival event next year.
- We have appointed a new bar supervisor for the Village Hall.
- Major developments – Bellway: no further news on when pavement improvements between the Oakington Rd roundabout and Histon Rd by the Green will be undertaken. Persimmon – still finishing off pavement and road resurfacing works. Redrow – waiting on date from Streetworks for roundabout installation. Works will be done in 3 phases and under traffic lights rather than needed a full road closure. The Toucan crossing on Rampton Rd will happen afterwards (under a single lane closure) and they are still waiting on UKPN and Streetworks for dates. Dog bins are to be installed on the site. Tilia – revised condition applications have been submitted. They state that they have sorted the drainage blockage and issues with discharge into Les King Wood. We are pressing them strongly on Les King Wood maintenance and the handover of land for additional recreational/sports space. Sales on both Redrow and Tilia are slower than anticipated and both sites are now looking at a 2026 completion; this will have an affect on when we receive s106 monies.
- A legionella consultant has been appointed to ensure adequate safety checks of the sports pavilion.
- We have appointed Sports & Play Consulting to undertake the project management for the new cricket nets to be installed at the Rec.
- In line with our climate emergency declaration we have selected renewable energy suppliers for our electricity & gas at the Village Hall (existing contract runs out at the end of Oct). This will reduce our carbon footprint by nearly half.
- Bar & Events working group – reported that following their first full year of operation (April 22- March 23) they exceeded their target budget. This has enabled us to keep hire charges down to 21/22 levels (no increase), contributed to the running costs of the Hall and enabled 3 charities to use the hall free of charge for fund raising events.
- Playground – following planning approval we have signed the supplier contract. We’ve got an onsite meeting with Proludic next week at which point we hope to know more about a target start date.
And lastly the football pitches at the Rec have been marked out ready for this weekend. We wish all of our teams the best of luck for the new season.
Full minutes and reports can be found on our website – www.cottenhampc.org.uk
Our next meeting will be on Tuesday 3rd October at 7.30pm in the Village Hall. All welcome.