Cottenham Parish Council is urgently looking for a reliable, adaptable and trustworthy individual to join our team as Part-time Caretaker, helping us manage our new Village Hall.
As Caretaker the successful candidate will:
- prepare rooms for hire and clear and check afterwards
- ensure facilities are clean between hires – NB there is a full weekly clean carried out by an external company
- open and close the village hall at each end of the day although early morning opening on weekdays may not always be required
- be a point of contact for deliveries, hirers and for emergency call-outs
- carry out basic maintenance duties (such as changing bulbs, unblocking sinks, decoration and routine repairs)
- undertake regular safety checks such as testing fire alarms
We would like to appoint a candidate as soon as possible and therefore seek applications now, with a deadline of midday 29 November 2021 and interviews in the week commencing 29 November. Early applicants may be asked to interview before then and if suitable offered the job. We would like the contract to begin as soon as possible after 1 December 2021.
This is a new post and the hours and responsibilities may need to be adapted. It is a Temporary contract to 31 March 2022. Before this time the scope of the post will be assessed and a full recruitment process conducted to appoint a permanent member of staff from 1 April 2022 which the temporary contract holder will be welcome to apply.
Hours of Work
This a part time role averaging 17.5 hours per week including weekends and weekdays. You will be paid an equal salary each month.
The pay rate is £10.24 per hour for an employee (annual pay rise imminent).
Alternatively, the role may be filled by a self-employed person or company who can propose contract terms to meet the role and hourly commitment.
You will receive the pro-rata equivalent of 28 days annual leave, inclusive of bank and public holidays (pro-rata).
To obtain an application form email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07503 328401.
Deadline for applications 29 November 2021.